Baby Group (2 months - 1 year olds)
Infants grow and learn every day. Childcare provides a safe and nurturing "home-away-from-home" where infants can explore and make new discoveries. Young children learn through play, and our program is designed to provide infants with the skills that serve as building blocks for a lifetime of learning.
- We support your baby as he or she rolls from side-to-side and learns to crawl, stand, and walk; support the development of motor skills with blocks and shape boards; and meet your child's individual needs for rest and nutrition.
- We respond to your baby with sensitivity and attention; use words, facial expressions, and eye contact to communicate; and use family photos to promote self-awareness and provide continuity with your child's home.
- We help your child explore the concepts of cause-and-effect, trial-and-error, and object permanence through play; provide a variety of materials of different colours, sizes, textures, and shapes; and encourage the use of all five senses to discover the world.
- We talk with your child; communicate verbally and through non-verbal gestures; tell stories and sing songs to model conversational skills; and use picture books to build association between sounds, objects, and words.
- We provide paint, crayons, and other tools that promote artistic exploration and creativity; support imaginative play with photo cards and puppets; and encourage self-expression through movement and music.
Toddler group (1.5 - 2.5 year olds) & Pre-schooler group (3.5 - 4.5 year olds)
The toddler and pre-schooler groups will have a very similar approach with regards to the daily routine and the curriculum.
The groups will operate mostly apart to give the children all the advantages created through horizontal groups. In order to keep continuity between the groups, the daily routine will be very similar.
Due to the limited concentration span of toddlers, the timings of all activities will be a little shorter and they will have more free play compared to the daily routine of the pre-schoolers.
08:00 – 09:00 Children arrive and settle
09:00 – 09:10 Clean up time
09:10 – 09:30 Circle time
09:30 – 10:00 Free play / Dedicated group time
10:00 – 10:30 Snack time
10:30 – 11:30 Outside play/inside play
11:30 – 12:00 Dedicated group time
12:00 – 12:30 Lunchtime
12:30 – 14:30 Quiet time/nap time
14:30 – 17:00 Free play, weather permitting outside play
17:00 – 18:00 Snack time and clean-up time/quiet time