Who We Are and What We Do
Many people are unsure as to why we have a Parent Council, and what it does, please find below a brief overview for your information:
- A Parent Council exists to help parents and carers become more involved in their children’s education. They have an important role in a child’s learning and the life of the school.
- The main role of a Parent Council is to support the ChildCare in order to get the best out of it for your children.
- They represent the views of parents and carers.
- They provide a link between the school, parents and the wider community.
- They work closely with the owner of English Childcare Maastricht, who provides regular updates on the developments in ChildCare.
- They organise events that help fund/support school activities and equipment.
- They help communicate concerns expressed by parents in order to facilitate change.
English ChildCare Maastricht Parent Council is currently made up of 3 full members, all of which contribute to enforcing a positive approach which ensures that all matters reach a satisfactory conclusion.
The council meets about once every 4-6 weeks for formal meetings that generally last about an hour.
The Parent Council is made up of the following members:
You can contact the parent council using the email ECMparentcouncil@gmail.com or by clicking here
Show your support
There are many ways in which you can help support English ChildCare Maastricht and the care of your child. For instance, coming along to fund-raising events, or offering an extra pair of hands at our community events. You may also wish to consider supporting English ChildCare Maastricht and your children by helping with gardening, after school activities etc. Feel free to speak to any member of the parent council or let English ChildCare Maastricht know of your interest.