Who We Are and What We Do
Many people are unsure as to why we have a Parent Council, and what it does, please find below a brief overview for your information:
- A Parent Council exists to help parents and carers to become more involved in their children’s education. They have an important role in a child’s learning and the life of the school.
- The main role of a Parent Council is to support the ChildCare in order to get the best out of it for our children.
- We represent the views of parents and carers.
- We provide a link between the school, parents and the wider community.
- We work closely with the owner of English Childcare Maastricht, who provides regular updates on developments in ChildCare.
- Organise events to raise funds to be used in support of school activities and equipment.
- We raise concerns expressed by parents.
English ChildCare Maastricht Parent Council is currently made up of 3 full members. We are a friendly group who take a positive approach to ensure that all matters reach a satisfactory conclusion.
We meet about once every 3 months for formal meetings, and generally finish within the hour.
The Parent Council is made up of the following members;
There are many ways in which you can help support English ChildCare Maastricht and the care of your child. You may wish to consider joining the Parent Council, we currently have 1 vacancy and would love to hear from you if you would like to become a member. Feel free to speak to any existing member or let English ChildCare Maastricht know of your interest. We can then contact you with details of upcoming meetings for you to come along to and see what we are about.
If you do not wish to join the Parent Council at present there are other ways in which you can show your support, for instance, by coming along to fund raising events, or volunteering to help at events. You may also wish to consider supporting English ChildCare Maastricht and your children by helping with gardening, after school activities etc.